Saturday, November 20, 2010

Falling in love

Sometime towards the middle of October I am being asked to take care of the soon to arrive new addition to the big artist family: An about 1 year old German Shepherd/Husky mix, still at the shelter, no history of her previous live. I have a full work schedule, but I could not say no.
So 4 weeks ago - we got her home from the vet. Little did I know just how much this obligation would change my life.
Finally, after 4 weeks, I am finding a few minutes to start writing about this adventure.
Let me just say, to start with: she is BEAUTIFUL, boisterous, "puppyish", very smart, very strong, loves to dig,  loves people, already earned her nickname: Houdini Skye - a wonderful sentient being - and  while for dog lovers this will not come as a surprise, I have to admit: I am falling in love with her.

It will take a lot of time and energy to train her.





Isn't she beautiful? This is a short video clip. Take a look. This is her, Skye, the 1 year old German shepherd/husky we've had for a month now, picked up from the shelter. She LOVES going after "things" - or so it seems. I have not let her off the leash much because of the irresistable hunting urge that appears to come over her and the love of running that is characteristic of Huskies...since we don't have a fence worth mentioning. So we took her out with a group of friends from Spain...figuring there'd be a really good chance she'd not be so tempted by critter tracks. She had fun running around with us.

4 comments: