Wednesday, November 24, 2010

She is beautiful - and strong

...and she does not really want to run away - it's more like:"...we're running together, why are you such a drag?" I've been reading a lot about Huskies lately....

Oh, I am still looking for a bike.......!!!!!!!! It does not have to be a fancy bike with gears and such, in fact it needs to have back pedal brakes, one that works well enough to drive up and down the road a bit with one hand on the handle bar and holding the leash with another - Because I am a real drag when taking her out, I never could run fast or much....

Yesterday afternoon we had walked and played and played some more,a little off leash even. After putting her back on the porch (leached up), where she very contentedly shewed on a bone for a while, Skye became active again...barking even...looking towards the back of the property. I checked it for deer, none. But she would not quiet down in the usual way...so I took her out again - on a leach. In a few minutes, we had meandered to be back of the property and she was going for the corner...there is a fence there, but one that any dog can walk under. And then I saw them - 3 wild pigs, one of them a boar. I guess you call them boars regardless of sex. Skye did too, and she was gone to the other side of the fence in a flash...took all my strength to hold her there and get her to come back. The pigs had run off in the other direction.

Whew...I did not know we had wild pigs to deal with too...just the usual little critters, deer and koyotes.
Without having been leached up - she'd have been gone - run chasing pigs...unsure if she'd find her way back...though 3 wild pigs would have been a lot to deal with too.

No comments:

Post a Comment